Advertise Here

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alcholic Drinks



This is one of my favorite images.  It has been sold quite a number of times already.
Thought I'd share with you how I did this shot.

I filled these goblets with water and added some food coloring.  Red for red wine and 
soy sauce for brandy and scotch.

I put them atop a white marble table which in turn gave that cool shiny reflective 
surface effect.

As for the light, two speedlights inside a diy softbox (I'll blog about this in the future) 
placed directly behind the goblets.

I was basically shooting against the light for this one.

Both speedlights were set 1/4.  Camera settings was at Iso 200, 1/200, f5.6.

I'm very fortunate that this image is online at several microstock sites.  

and Istock.

Hope this helps.  Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment