Advertise Here

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Glass of Water (How I lit it this time)

I've shot glasses of water a lot of times already and I've always looked for ways to find a new twist to it.  And I must admit that I've failed more times than I've succeeded. But despite this I still like shooting this subject matter, so here's my latest shoot with a glass of water.

There's really nothing new about it, a plain clear glass with water in it and another variation with water being poured in it.


What's new this time was how I lit the subject and the background.

It's just one source of light and a white reflector board. A speedlight was placed camera right, behind a cabinet door. The door have this slanted wooden planks with spaces in between each plank.

I placed the subject near the background wall so the sole speedlight can illuminate both the subject and the background.  I think those streaks of light produced by the planks are cool and that's the new "twist" I have for this yet another glass of water shoot.

Speedlight was set at 1/4 power output, camera settings was ISO 200, 1/200, f 5.6 and tungsten white balance.

Fortunately, this image is now live online at ShutterstockDreamstimeFotolia, 123rf, 
Bigstock, Depositphotos and Istock.  Please check it out.

Hope this helps. Happy shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment