Advertise Here

Friday, December 9, 2011

Bar Scene

One of my recent campaign shoots required me to shoot in a bar where there were supposedly people having drinks by the bar and watching an exciting ball game.



Sure thing, but because the bar isn't fully operational yet, there's no TV. So we just had to imply it.

We had our models sit by the bar and asked all of them to look in one direction. In this case, our key light source. This will be our "TV". I have a similar post about this, please check out "There's Not Enough Light".

I had my strobe placed high enough so as to mimick a TV set in a bar. I used my smallest white umbrella to limit light to our couple and put it in shoot through position. I then set my strobe at the lowest power output.

As for lighting the rest of the frame, I needed to have that "bar" feel so I matched the orange light coming from the pin light as seen at upper right of the frame. I placed a strobe at the back of our subject (outside of frame, camera left) then gelled it with CTO.

Lighting? Check.

All that's left was to stage the shot.

"Models....at the count of three....and....one...two.....three!

Hope this helps. Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment