Advertise Here

Friday, December 2, 2011

Beauty In A Box

It is often suggested that beauty shoots should be lit with big, soft lights. But what if you can't fit those big light modifiers in the room?


As was the case for this project.

With space constraint, I decided that I can use that small space to my advantage. Instead of brining in big light modifiers, I turned that small space into some sort of a giant light tent.

We covered the walls on each side and at the back of our subject with white styrofoam and bounced light off them....voila! Instant light tent!

I chimped for the lighting ratio and adjusted to taste. The final foam was placed in front of our subject, below and just outside of frame to reflect back light onto our subject's face.

Hope this helps. Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment